A Smart Way to Cultivate Pods
The IceCap Pod Habitat is a clever way to cultivate a collection of copepods that you can use to feed your reef aquarium. The way it works is simple: just place the Pod Habitat in your sump, refugium, or in the back of your all-in-one aquarium. In no time, pods will begin populating the new luxurious 7-story high-rise you’ve built for them. One the Pod Habitat is at full occupancy, lift it out of your sump and dip it in your display tank. Give it a shake to evict the tenants into your aquarium. This is an easy and effective way to repopulate your tank with copepods plus it gives your fish a delicious and nutritious live food source. Another benefit of having a healthy pod population is that they consume detritus, waste, and macroalgae which in turn keeps your tank clean. They are important critters and the Pod Habitat gives them a safe place to live and reproduce.
IceCap Pod Habitat Features & Benefits
- Size: 3 x 3 x 2in (L x W x H)
- 7 floors for copepods and amphipods to live
- The Pod Habitat provides a safe haven for pods to reproduce
- Pods are an excellent food source for mandarins and wrasses
- Pods are the tiny unsung heroes of a reef aquarium clean-up crew
- Pods increase the biodiversity of reef aquarium and are fun to watch
- The Pod Habitat is super easy-to-use and easy-to-clean
PRO TIPS: If you don’t have any pods in your aquarium or want to add more, there are several companies in the hobby that sell live pods in a bottle. You can find them at your local fish store or have them shipped directly to your door. This makes it easy to jumpstart or replenish a pod population no matter where you are located. In time, the Pod Habitat will provide a refuge where the pods can reproduce in your own aquarium until you have a self-sustaining pod population!