About Fritz Dark Water
Fritz Dark Water Almond Leaf Extract is a natural water conditioner containing concentrated tannis from the leaves of the Terminalia catappa tree, also known as as Indian Almond Leaves. These tannins create a more natural environment for Bettas, shrimp and other fish. Almond leaves contain humic acids and tannins which are known to have antibacterial properties, naturally lower pH and create blackwater conditions in the aquarium. Fritz Dark Water Almond Leaf Extract is suitable for all soft-water fish including betta, discus, tetras, angelfish, and killifish.
Directions & Dosage
To increase tannins by 1 ppm: Add 5 mL (1 tsp) per One U.S. Gallon (3.8 L) or 6 drops per cup (236 mL). Add to new water during water changes. Avoid overdosing.
- For best results, add Fritz Dark Water to a high flow area of the aquarium
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Tannic acid can lower pH, monitor pH with a test kit during use and limit any change to 0.2 pH units per day if livestock are present
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
|4 oz||24 gal||11112|