About Fritz Betta Guard
Fritz Betta Guard is a safe and effective pH-buffered water conditioner that neutralizes toxic chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals found in tap water, designed for small aquariums. FritzGuard Betta® promotes healing and reduces fish stress with aloe vera and vitamin E and provides necessary electrolytes. Naturally secreted by mucous glands, the slime coat is a natural defense system that protects fish from disease, aids in osmoregulation and reduces stress caused by sudden changes in the environment. Fritz Betta Guard provides a replacement slime coat to aid fish that have lost theirs or have been injured due to stress, poor water conditions and handling. Fritz Betta Guard enhances biofiltration by producing a slime coat over the filter media, aiding in the attachment of beneficial bacteria, like those in FritzZyme® biological products. Fritz Betta Guard also includes natural Indian almond leaf extract to increase tannins in the water, known to lower pH, enhance colors, and provide antibacterial benefits.
Directions & Dosage
Use 5 mL (1 tsp) per 5 U.S. gallons (19 L). For areas with very high chlorine levels, dosage can be safely increased or repeated up to 5x.
- For best results, add FritzGuard® Betta to tap water in a separate container before adding water to aquarium.
- Each dose increases tannins by 0.25 ppm. For a higher tannin concentration, supplement with Fritz Almond Leaf Extract®.
- If using a protein skimmer, turn off for 6 hours after adding FritzGuard Betta® to reduce foaming if a concern
- No other equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Overdosed? It’s safe to increase dosage up to five times. Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test with a chlorine test kit
|2 oz||60 gal||11111|