Control and Monitor Aquarium Equipment from Your Mobile Device
By using the HYDROS app with the Power 4, you can create rules and schedules to turn on and off different pieces of aquarium equipment, like pumps, powerheads, lights, heaters, algae scrubbers, UV sterilizers, protein skimmers, and whatever else you may want to control on-demand or put on a schedule. In addition, the USB ports are ideal for connecting and controlling aquarium cooling fans. You can program to turn on if your aquarium water gets too hot and then turn back off automatically when the water drops back within ideal ranges.
Control Multiple Power Strips from a Single, Easy-to-Use Mobile App
Another great thing about the Power 4 is that you can control multiple Power 4 Power Strips from the HYDROS app. You might use a couple of Power 4’s to power your display tank, place another in the garage to use for a saltwater mixing station, and have units in each of your children’s bedrooms to turn even beginner tanks into smart aquariums. The beauty of it is that you can control all these different outlets used for various purposes using a single app.
Be Notified If an Outlet Fails So You Can Take Corrective Action
You can also monitor the outlets on your Power 4 power strip. If an outlet fails or loses its WiFi connection, you will be immediately notified via alerts to your mobile device. This safety feature can help prevent a tank catastrophe. For example, if the outlet powering your return pump failed, you would receive a notification to let you know something is awry so that you can take corrective action. As a temporary fix, you might decide to turn on all your flow pumps and increase their speed remotely via the HYDROS app to keep the water moving and the temperature stable until you can arrive home to investigate.
HYDROS Power 4 Strip Specifications
Item #: HDRS-SM-SO301
Power: AC 120V
Outlets: 4 X AC Outlets | 4 X USB Ports
Total Power Rating: 10A/1250W
Total USB Power: 2A
WiFi Frequency: 2.4 GHz
Dimensions: 7.8 x 4 x 1.1in
HYDROS WiFi Outlets
The HYDROS Control system can utilize WiFi-based power outlets as part of its configuration. These outlets can be used to switch lights, pumps, heaters, and other equipment on or off as needed in an aquarium environment.
The power outlets connect to the Control device via WiFi. Understandably, there are concerns about the general reliability of these outlets and the possibility of a loss of communication.
One thing that should be pointed out is that HYDROS talks to the outlets directly on WiFi. No cloud interaction is involved. Thus, as long as your WiFi hub operates, the outlets will work even if the outbound Internet connection fails.
The following outlines some of the safeguards that have been taken to reduce the probability of failure.
CoralVue, Inc. and HYDROS hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- 1 Year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.
To submit a warranty claim, please visit our CoralVue Support Portal.